Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

My First Blog

Hello friends, neighbors, relatives, duaghters, and anyone who wants a peek into my world.
I have no idea what's going to happen with this blog, not being very familiar with the whole process, but here goes.
I guess I'll start by using it as a kind of diary to begin with, then see where it takes me or where it evolves to.
First of all, I am an artist, albeit a starving one, trying not to throw too much money down that big hole that is called "art supplies, shows, and trips." My husband Bob tags along, helping with shows and tents, occasionally acting as bartender when needed, cheering me on when I win a prize or when something gets sold. So it makes for a busy, happy life in Florida in our retirement.
Friday was the opening of "The Body Beautiful" at the Garden of Art Fine Art Gallery in Wabasso, of which I am one of the artists. Posted is "Nude with Drape," one of five oils and one pastel I did for the show.
Not that anyone would care, but another love of mine is working with stone. In my former home (3 years since) of Clinton, CT I set many a stone wall on our property, and thought that I left that art form I loved behind. Well, here in Florida, on our small plot of land, I have built 2 small terraces for vegetables and herbs, and now am working on a patio off our lanai (back porch). It consists of about 70 16" blocks and I have lots of leveling to do with it yet, put in about 50 hours so far piecemeal. It will be a wonderful place to sit at night with a glass of wine and watch the sunset over the palm trees here in paradise. My brother-in-law Richard was the inspiration for it, as he loves to sit outside the lanai and watch what's going on at the water's edge. It'll be waiting for him on his next visit.
Well, that's all for now. Have to see if this all worked.
Judy

1 comment:

Lori McNamara said...

Looking good Judy, nice painting! Welcome to blogging!