Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

On the left is my latest painting, created last minute for a show in Melbourne, the deadline of which forced me to work into the wee hours of the morning. But finally at 3:00 am I was able to digitally photograph the still-wet painting, upload it onto my computer, download and complete the application, and send it off a full 9 hours before the deadline of noon on Tuesday, July 28th. Phew! It's a 24" x 20" oil painting, framed in a 3" gold leaf over wood plein air frame. The location is from several photos I took last week in Fellsmere which is just west of Sebastian, at Blue Cypress Recreational Area. It is a very beautiful location, active with fishermen, air boaters, kayakers, birds, butterflies and gaters.

I photographed the egret in the photo at various stages of his fishing expedition, the success of which is picture here. It was quite


entertaining watching him try to get that big fish down his throat! Ah, the adventures in paradise!

No comments: