Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 10th--Sunset at the Wabasso Bridge

I guess I should have named this blog "Beautiful Sebastian," as that seems to be the way it's going.  Had dinner down on the Wabasso bridge in Sebastian with Bob, and following are some great pics of the sunet and other things.

Below is a pastel painting I did years ago for Bob of his father fishing, which was taken from an old photo.  His father died at age 52 so I never met him, but his spirit was certainly with us today when I snapped a picture of his son in almost the same position, fishing ... déjà vu!

Pastel painting of Joe Burgarella, Bob's dad, fishing
 
Bob fishing
 So we spent a very enjoyable couple of hours at the Wabasso Bridge park overlooking the beautiful Indian River Lagoon, and I had a great time hunting for things to capture with my camera.  One more of Bob ... it's good to see him happily fishing after triple-bypass surgery just eight weeks ago.

Theis next photo is of Pat Mills and "Billie."  Bob started talking to her and seems she is a native Floridian of several generations from Wabasso--a rarity!  She had lots of stories and we both enjoyed listening.  Billie was a doll, but not too social.

This is another one I must paint, this shot is perfect!

It was a lesson in grace watching this castnetter throw out his weighted net, but came up with no mullet to fish with.  It's not easy, the timing must be perfect.


This snowy egret seemed to be posing for me, with his beautiful plumage glowing in the soft amber sunset. I must paint him some day (along with the thousand other paintings I want to do.  I think I'll need another turn.


This little guy kept jumping all over the rocks, following me as I strolled by the water's edge with my camera.  Such fun to watch him -- another "poser."

The following photographs are the progression of a very beautiful sunset, a mostly everyday view from the Wabasso Causeway, and especially beautiful as you drive over the tallest bridge overlooking the lagoon. 

















 




Barely visible is a blue heron whose silhouette is just above the rocks
 

Also barely visible is the heron in flight in the middle of the sunset
 A-h-h-h, Sebastian.  You really should move here.  It truly is a paradise--and we're so glad we found it.

Judy Burgarella
Blogger

No comments: