Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

YouTube Video!!

On Monday, March 25th I met my friend, a talented videographer, Bob Barbour, at his studio gallery on 14th Avenue in Vero Beach to paint a portrait of him.  Bob had videotaped a series of portrait demonstrations I did in the fall of 2012 at the Sebastian River Art Club, and he also spent many many hours at the VB Community Center videotaping the painting of the Vero Beach Mural.  Painting his portrait was my way of repaying him, or at least trying to.  Unbeknownst to me he had set up two cameras on time lapse, and off we went on a lightning-fast time lapse journey.  We rearranged some  furniture, put a black backdrop that I had brought to place behind him; I posed him and angled the lights as best we could ... and "OUILA"!  It sure looked like a professional studio to me. 

It was wonderful for me to have a model all to myself and an actual studio all to myself, with decent lighting and setup.  It was fun right from the start, and he was an excellent model.  The music he chose while I painted and he modeled was just perfect.  Bob was a pretty good model considering he's a type "A" like myself and doesn't like to still still.  So I probably got to put paint to canvas at about 11:00 a.m., and by 4:00 pm my painting passion was about spent.  Minus some lunch time and chat time, the session went smoothly and I had not too many corrections inbetween.  I planned to tweak it a lot more, using the photographs I took, but after looking at it a couple of days in my studio I decided it was pretty good as is, loose and fresh, and I just may leave it alone except for taking out a little gray hair from him.  So following is his portrait as is done "Ala Prima," and below that is the time-lapse video link to youtube.  I am delighted with both, especially the video.


"Ala Prima" Oil Painting of Videographer Bob Barbour by Judy Burgarella
Click on the link below to see my time-lapse Youtube oil painting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLf7ACVaJk&feature=youtu.be  

Thanks for looking at my blog, and I hope you enjoy the youtube video.  If you have any comments please leave them here in the box below.  

Judy Burgarella Blogger

No comments: