Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Two New Portraits

"African Woman" (actually she's an Etheopian), started out as a demo during my class at the Sebastian River Art Club.  It's a 9"x12" acrylic on canvas.  Now to find a frame.

"African woman" 9"x12" acrylic by Judy Burgarella

"Arab" also started out as a demo during class, and it's a 12"x16"x1-1/2" gallery wrapped canvas, continuously painted on all sides.

"Arab" 12"x16" acrylic by Judy Burgarella




I'm shocked at how much like oil these paintings appear, as long as you don't use any water or painting medium and work in a feverish pace.  I can't decide which I like best--oil or acrylic. 

If you come to the Sebastian Club's 16th Annual Juried Art Show at Riverview Park in Sebastian (10-4), you'll be able to see these in person.

Ciou!

Judy Burgarella,
Blogger

No comments: