Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Just A Little Update

A Forgotten Photograph

This little gem of a painting is from a photograph I took in Sebastian, FL, off one of the docks.  I remember being with my friend, Dorothy Starbuck--who herself is one of the finest Florida landscape artists--and the beautiful white pelicans were all around us.  I just rediscovered the photo as one I had added to a blog years ago, and put it on my list to paint.  And so on my class June 2nd I used it for my quick demo.  It's not finished yet, a bit more tweaking and glazing in the faint green ripples above them, and it's done.

"Two White Pelicans" Acrylic by Judy Burgarella
 Next is a photo of my last demo at the Sebastian River Art Club.  This nude was inspired by one seen in a magazine.  I loved the pose, and it had just enough information to enjoy painting it.  I bumped up the values and changed the cloth considerably, and had a wonderful time painting it in acrylics.


"Nude with White Cloth" Acrylic by Judy Burgarella
The large painting I am working on is close to being done.  Just have to make my corrections and then continue painting around the sides of its gallery-wrapped edges.  I'll be glad to get this monstrosity out of my living room.  Below is half the 12'x5' painting.


"St. Sebastian River" Acrylic by Judy Burgarella
Well, that's all for now.  I hope my work inspires you to be creative ... or take a class with me in Sebastian, Florida!  (Or at the Vero Beach Museum of Art)

Judy Burgarella
Blogger
Sebastian, Florida

No comments: