Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Friday, June 15, 2018

Many changes since my last post

AN APRON FOR CASS

Just finished this for my son-in-law's birthday (which will be given to him on Father's Day this Sunday).  He's such a good cook and so handy with tools, so it's perfect for him, and I had such a good time creating it.  Gathered together tools and utensils and just sketched them on with a small flat brush and acrylic raw umber paint.  No planning, just copied the shapes of what I saw.  The fun was in the coloring.  If you look close you'll see all different shades and temperatures of gray in the silver.  I printed out the lettering on my laser, vine-charcoaled the backs, positioned and taped them to the fabric, and just transferred the basic text shapes onto the apron.  For the text paint I used the liquid craft paints (gloss) in a jar--flows easier when painting fine lines.

(c) 2018 Judy Burgarella

(c) 2018 Judy Burgarella

MORE TIME FOR ME ~

Since I am now freed from serving as president of the Sebastian River Art Club, I once again have time for these wonderful creative projects, in addition to having more time to spend with family and friends ... and painting!  However I do miss the challenge of leadership, and seeing the fruits of my labor for the betterment of the Club and its members. 

Since my last posting I have completed many more paintings which when time I will post here.  I have so many ideas on how to spend my time now, my bucket list runneth over!  The wonderful thing about being an artist is that you are never bored.  There actually is not enough time in any day to do all the creative things that pop up in your mind.  And anything can set it off: a picture in a magazine, the sunset, a flower, cute cat, something on TV, an interesting face, and especially images on the internet that excite the creative juices.  I am also looking forward to sharing what I know via the internet, so stay tuned!

I hope you enjoy my blog.

Judy Burgarella
Blogger




No comments: