Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Some Not-So-Important News (compared to World News!)







Well, it's been quite a few days since my last blog. Lots has happened in the world since then, finance- and politics-wise. Not that it's as important to anybody but myself, but lots has happened with me too--went fishing, went swimming, went to some art-related meetings, finished laying my patio, threw my hip out (patio), got my hip back (swimming), transplanted a tree, 2 bushes and a dozen or so plants, saw a really dumb movie, went to an art/craft fair, overcame my lifelong fear of speaking to a large audience, reorganized my studio, and finished another painting--one that I started with the Plein Air Painters of the Treasure Coast at Royal Palm Pointe park in Vero Beach. It was a lovely sunny day painting with friends and watching children play in the fountains as we painted and chatted. Life is good when you paint, and life is better still when you paint with other artist friends.
Shown also is a photo of a flock of ibis which flew down in front of me while I was sitting at the water's edge in our yard. Imagine my delight when they lingered long enough for me to set my wine glass down, run into the house for my camera, and run back outside to find these birds waiting for me as if they were posing for their portrait! The other photo was taken from our friends Rita & George's boat at sunset. I was the only one who caught a fish which I sauteed whole (which freaks everybody out) in Cajun spices and had for lunch the next day. Lucky day for me ... not so lucky for the fish. But the end of a perfect day.

1 comment:

Constance said...

Oh my gosh Judy-
I find it amazing that we have met as it looks like we could be birds of a feather-- although you are an AWESOME artist (& I am working on it!)
I went through your website--
wonderful wonderful work!
I HAD to connect and would love for you to go to my new blog:
http://apositivereflection.blogspot.com/
to checkout the similar-arties ;-)