Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Well, it's Friday, October 24th and I am lost without my camera. I managed to take a few pathetic photos with my broken Olympus, but they're not great. After much time with tech support I felt it was time to give up and take the thing apart, or at least take the uppermost lens out and see what's going on behind it. That's when I discovered ... there was no longer an outer lens -- it was missing. Must be why my zoom only functions half-way, and my uploaded pictures on my computer look like a fish-eye lens took it. So off to the E-Bay "store" I went, found a non-working one for $25, ordered it, and am waiting to cannibalize the thing when it arrives. I hope it works or I'll be selling TWO broken old cameras on E-Bay. Just got back from the Opening Reception of the Backus Four-County Show in Fort Pierce, where my bronze "Seminole" and pastel "Walpi Indian" were exhibited. Great show, great hors d'eouvres, and lots of local people from the art scene here on the treasure coast. Love going to these things--all the talking about art, critiqueing, comparing, buzzing about other artists. Surrounded by all that art is a good way to get inspired. It was a good end to a Friday night. Tomorrow I go to Melbourne to paint with the Arts League. These people can really paint, and the atmosphere on this third-floor bare-bones studio feels like the Art Students League in New York--with even less frills! No air conditioning, paint is everywhere, dust is everywhere, but everywhere there are signs that great painters have left their DNA in that place. Hope to post tomorrow's pianting using this lousy fish-eye camera. We'll see.

No comments: