Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh What A Beuatiful Mornin' ... Oh What A Beautiful Night!

The views were spectacular. On December 12th, the moon appeared to be a giant silver blotchy ball in the sky--the brightest I'd ever seen. As reported on TV, that night's full moon would be brighter and closer to the earth than it's been in 15 years. What a sight. I followed it all night long, darting out onto the patio in my nightgown to see the moonlight bounce off the water and the trees and grass. It was eerily beautiful! And so I took this shot of the moon with our light-bedecked young holly tree, just as the moon's glow started to appear.
Two days later, after getting up at 4:30 a.m. to do a tent show and getting ourselves to Humiston Park in Vero Beach, this unbelievable sunset greeted us. It would have been worth it just to get up and drive to that spot and see this, without the art show. However it was such a blessing to be able to see the sun slowly rise, peeking through the clouds and causing a rainbow of changing colors while we set up our tents. This is one I'll have to paint, but who would believe it was really that beautiful? I love this place.

No comments: