Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19th - more photos and a painting

Yesterday I worked on the mural from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, and had a great time playing with the acrylics.  I'm really beginning to see the attributes of this medium. Below is the cute little doggie I painted smack dab on the bottom of Panel #1.  Soon this panel and Panel #2 will be installed in the Community Center for all to see.  Launch will be in the fall, and it will surely be a shindig!

"Scooter" painted into the Vero Beach Mural May 18th
 Most of May 18th I was busy with the mural, came home and crashed.  May 19th, Saturday, did a little garage saling and finally found an old cookie press--only $3!  Mine broke years ago and I've missed it ever since.  Other "treasures" found their way into my van also, including my favorite style potato peeler which mysteriously disappeared when our girls came to "take care of us" when Bob had his triple bypass.  As I was driving my camera was making me constantaly stop, make u-turns, park askew, and drive slow.  Too many interesting and/or beautiful images for me to just drive by.  Below are a few of them.  The turtle is one of three I saw at different times today--amazing. 

Pretty little Florda house across from Archie Smith's Fish House in Sebastian, Florida

Blue Heron on the Indian River



Blue heron flying away when I came too close with the camera



Cow with cattle egret at Kashi Yoga compound on Roseland Road
 

Historic Archie Smith's Fishhouse on the Indian River


Gopher Turtle inbetween hissing at me.  This fella was at least 12" long 
When I got home I knocked myself out for a while weeding and moving plants around, I finished off the day with a little kareoke at Sandy's with friends from the Sebastian River Art Club, where I sung a duo badly with Kathleen Richter. 

Any of you artists out there feel free to use any of my blog photos as painting subjects.

Judy Burgarella
Blogger

No comments: