Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Monday, July 9, 2012

FIRE!



"FIRE!" acrylic, 9"x12" gallery wrapped
  Just finished this painting of "FIRE!," inspired by a photo of a fire I saw in a book, and by the upcoming Vero Beach Library exhibit, "Heat's On" which will be on display there for the next three months, installation is tomorrow (Tuesday July 9th).  I really needed a push to paint, and this one just fell into place.  It's only a 9" x12", acrylic, but was so much fun to paint.  It's a gallery-wrap, in that I've painted the scene all around the sides.  I've run out of time, but I plan to buy a "floater" frame for it, which is a frame that gives the impression that the painting is "floating" inside the frame, sometimes with the sides of the painting partially showing.  My juices are flowing now, so maybe I'll finish a commission that's way overdue.  Enjoy.

Judy Burgarella
Blogger

No comments: