Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Giving Birth to a Cowboy!


"Texas Cowboy" 11"x14" Acrylic, UNFINISHED 
 "Texas Cowboy," in progress, started today in the Sebastian River Art Club's "Three-Hour Challenge" painting program.  We try to do a painting, start to finish, in thee hours.  Some take less, some take more.  I started this one just before noon, painted till 3:00, and I'd say have about another hour or so to finish.  It's my first serious portrait in acrylic, and I'm pretty happy with it, although it had a bit of a rough start.  Can't wait to work on it again, but for now I'm off to another non-painting event! 
PS - The Sebastian River Art Club will be having a show in the Art Center in September for these 3-hour paintings, with many unframed and reasonably priced.  More news to come!

Judy Burgarella
Blogger

No comments: