Click on palette below and see me paint a portrait in 2 minutes!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Little Lucy Finished!

Finished this oil portrait of "Lucy," Ruth Steer's great granddaughter.  Ruth had started the portrait even though she had limited time left on this planet.  She tried her best to get it done but her time just ran out.  She was a great lady, an accomplished artist, and I felt privileged to be her art instructor and friend.  She gave me much wise advice on many topics over the years, and I admired her strength, courage and upbeat attitude in spite of her condition.  I hope she would be happy with what I've done to the remains of her painting, which is posted below.

"Lucy" Oil painting by Judy Burgarella
  Another one of Ruth's old wooden paintboxes is on the easel, the design of which I'm very excited about--something really different, but I think it will take a long time.  Also, I recently purchased an old wooden ironing board which will be converted to a wonderful conversation piece--can't wait to work on that one too.  Life's a banquet when you paint--full of adventure, color, and new ideas that just keep rolling around in your head just waiting to come out through your paintbrush!

Friday night I attended Gallery 14's "Our Beautiful Waters" and took 3rd place prize for my "Waiting to Sail" below.  It's always nice to add to my string of ribbons, but it was also nice to receive some gift certificates to places where I don't normally shop. Gallery 14 also featured my "What Lies Beneath" prominently on their front wall.  Finally someone appreciates that whacky manikin creation of mine.

"Waiting to Sail" oil by Judy Burgarella
Last week I finished this tiny painting for the Sebastian River Art Club's ornament tree.  All proceeds from the sale of these little jewels go towards our Scholarship Fund.


"Orchid" tiny oil painting by Judy Burgarella
Got to get crackin' on projects I'm working on for Bob and daughter Tracy right away for Christmas.  They both involve painting on something, which is always great therapy for me to have a goal that involves brushes and paint.

If you're reading this, I hope this inspires you to pick up the brush if you hadn't already.

Judy Burgarella
Blogger

No comments: